I Love Priesthood Blessings!


I know that I am far from perfect. I know that I have so many short coming and things that I need to work on, but one thing I do have a testimony of and do have perfect faith in is Priesthood blessings. What I love about Priesthood blessings is that anyone can have one, you don't have to be worthy to receive comfort from our loving Father in Heaven.

I spend the majority of Saturday in bed with a terrible migraine. I've gotten migraines since I was at least 7 years old. They usually incapacitate me. I get a terrible headache, I can't stand noise, light, or motion. I tend to get nauseated, flushed, and dizzy. I can't sleep and try to lay perfectly still with a bunch of pain killers in me and a cold washcloth on my face.

Ever since I was little, I would ask for a blessing once I got migraine. I knew that if I got a blessing, I would be healed no matter what. I always did all I could for myself before I would ask for a blessing because we are supposed to help ourselves before we go to God. Like clock work, after I get a blessing, I am able to fall asleep and the pain subsides.

This particular migraine was caused by lack of sleep and stress. Last week was midterms and I was averaging a good five hours of sleep or so per night. I texted my best friend's dad to come over and give me a blessing. He promptly left work (which really touched me) to come over and help me out. He gave me the blessing and as he spoke, I could feel the spirit. I could feel my Heavenly Father using him as a mouth piece. My best friend's dad does not know that I'm gay (though I'm sure he has his assumptions). His blessing to me was not just about healing from the migraine but about my life as well. I've been wanting a blessing about the whole gay thing for a while, but didn't want to have to ask and explain it to someone.

In the blessing I was told that my Heavenly Father was very aware of my circumstances. He told me that I would find true happiness in serving others and fulfilling my calling. But in order for me to help others out, I needed to be healthy myself.

I felt the spirit wash over me and confirm the truthfulness of these words. It was as if my Heavenly Father was saying : "You're doing alright GMSW, you're doing alright".

I love Priesthood blessings!

Cheers,
GMSW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Too Well

The Silence

My (Gay) Mormon Moment