Bliss...


For the first time in a long time, I am really happy.

I just got back from the most amazing weekend. My buddy and I to spent the weekend with my family. My parents had flown in to spend time with their grandkids. I was able to spend so much time with my friend which I haven't been able to do in such a long time. I usually only get to see him for short periods of time. But this weekend, it was just him and I. I didn't have to share him or compete with others for him. It meant the world to me that he set aside the weekend for my family and I.

In addition to that, he got along really well with my family. First thing he did when he met my mother was hug her. Then when we got ready to leave to head back to school, he hugged both my mom AND my dad. My family was so kind to my friend. They really loved him. There were no awkward moments or pauses. Everything just felt so relaxed and right. What makes this all so significant is that my parents know that both my buddy and I are gay.

If only it was that easy with everyone.

I'm so thankful for this weekend! I'm so thankful for a wonderful friend. I am thankful for the greatest parents in the world. I am thankful for all those wonderful people in my life who love and accept me for who I am.

Cheers,
GMSW


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Too Well

The Silence

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway