Tragedy or Destiny?




LDS.org - Support Materials Chapter - Tragedy or Destiny?


I suggest reading this talk for anyone who is going through a hard time. It doesn't just have to be because your gay.


Two things stood out to me:


1.) Should all prayers be immediately answered according to our selfish desires and our limited understanding, then there would be little or no suffering, sorrow, disappointment, or even death, and if these were not, there would also be no joy, success, resurrection, nor eternal life and Godhood.



“For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things … righteousness … wickedness … holiness … misery … good … bad. …” (2 Nephi 2:11.)

2.) Fifty years later, Elder Spencer W. Kimball, then a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, found himself far away from home, recovering from major surgery. Unable to sleep, he recalled the day his mother died: “I feel like sobbing again now … as my memory takes me over those sad paths.

It is okay to cry. It is okay to experience hardship while trying to press through something. I know that I've had this mistaken belief that I have to be perfect and just pretend like everything is okay. I know now that I am allowed to cry when things are hard. I am allowed to ask for help. I am allowed to pray to my Heavenly Father and say "Heavenly Father, I am just so sad." What I am not allowed to do is give up. This is absolutely essential. 

I hope that someone is able to benefit from this as it has helped me greatly.

Cheers,
GMSW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Too Well

The Silence

My (Gay) Mormon Moment