Bullying



Today I experienced a first. I had my first real taste of cyber bullying. I'm not out of the closet, but you could say I'm also not your stereotypical guy. Being gay tends to lead one to have more extreme emotions and greater levels of attachment.

As I've stated in a previous post, my friends are my everything. i love them and would do anything for them. Because of this, I love to have pictures of myself and friends. Guys and girls. I like to do projects with pictures of my friends. I don't know if one would call it a hobby as much as one would call it a validation mechanism that my friends are real.

Anyway. I posted this photo of my best friend and I on Facebook. A couple of douchecakes from my mission leaped upon the opportunity to pick on me like sharks smelling blood in the water. There was the four of them making petty and rude comments. Comments that went past the point of mean, to the point of where it was bullying.

It upset me greatly. First thing I did was delete the comments and then delete them from my friends. I have no intention of having people on my Facebook who are going to pick on me.

It isn't even the fact that I'm gay. It's the fact that them hinting at that and making fun of me made it seem like I was the one that was so incredibly wrong. I truly believe if I was out, they would have done the same thing, but just been more rude.

I cried a fair amount today over it but decided that I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of bringing me down. I chose to continue to be me and pursue my dreams.

Bullying is wrong. Period. It is never okay. You may have different religious viewpoints from someone. But it is never okay to bully someone.

This feels like a "It Get's Better" message. But I want y'all to know that it really does. Screw these single minded petty people.

Cheers,
GMSW

Comments

  1. Dude, that is lame. Bully's suck. We had an anti bullying conference here where i work. They talked about how men bully by insinuating someone is gay, like not even if they actually think it. it's the main way they do it. Probably has to do with lots of men trying to prove how manly they are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but please keep your thoughts and opinions respectful.

Popular posts from this blog

All Too Well

The Silence

My (Gay) Mormon Moment