Good Things to Come



I have been so incredibly blessed over the past couple of months. My life has continued to move in a positive direction. I've met obstacles and have overcome them. I've had one or two stalwart people come into my life who have really changed it.

With all the good that has happened, I will still every once in a while express frustration and anger at my Heavenly Father for things that aren't the way I want them to be. Without going into specifics, I've really asked questions about why things have to be a certain way. I often find myself day dreaming about how things could be and then shake myself with sadness that they aren't that way and never will be.

I don't have an answer as to why I experience SSA.

I can't tell you why many good people are diagnosed with cancer every day.

I can't tell you why a young mother loses her little baby girl to a deformity of the heart.

I can't tell you why the Sandy Hook Shooting happened.

Things happen in our lives and sometimes there's no reason for it other than like Nephi, the bow just breaks.

Elder Holland has a quote I like to apply in times like these:

“Don't you quit. You keep walking, you keep trying, there is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late. Some don't come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God and believe in Good Things to Come.”

I don't have the answers to the many unfortunate things that happen in everyone's lives. But I do know that if I follow and trust in my Savior, IT WILL be alright in the end.

Cheers,
GMSW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All Too Well

The Silence

The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway